... but I love grasshoppers

Unfortunately, they don't love me. :-(

I followed the pattern. I had enough of that great yarn leftover so that I could make some matching fingerless mitts or something! I had PLANS!

Then came the bind-off. The pattern calls for a sewn bind off. I've never done this before so I'll trust the pattern. "Cut yarn leaving a 16" tail." Check. Oh, I'm doing both socks so I better cut both. Get out the handy tape measure (thanks Yarn Grove folks!) and measure 16". Add one extra for good measure. *snip* *snip*

La de dum da ... sewing away ... first half of first sock done ... (hrm, this looks a little close, hope it's ok) ... doo de doo ... first half of second sock (little gyrating with extra loops) ... hey - this looks *close* ... this looks *REALLY* close!

CRAP!

Oh. No. No. I have just a *THREAD* left and the end of the first sock and it's bound so tightly that I can't get it over my calf! The sock is saggy and ridiculous.

*SOB*!

The other yarn end is also already cut which means I am screwed on BOTH of these!

grrrrrrrrrrr

Fine. They're getting frogged and the yarn will be something else. Don't know what, but it will be something else. Here's my pathetic little sock:



The new kit is coming in a few weeks. I'll focus on my Clapotis and my June Undercover Squares. Maybe it's time for a "sock break".

No comments: