Bizz Johnson Week 4

Last week was not a banner week. I've got some making up to do but I think that's doable. I'll run after work tonight and tomorrow is guaranteed (running club + shopping - what could be better?) I've also got a 1/2 marathon on the calendar for Saturday, so I should be in good shape overall. Stay tuned.

Monday - Cross Training actual: 7

Lordy, it's still hot out here. Then again, because I live on the Peninsula, I get to reap the benefits of "microclimates". The in-dash thermometer said 86 when I left Cupertino, was up to 91 by the time I hit Los Altos (and The Dish was on fire!!!) but was back down to a civilized 72 when I got to Crystal Springs Reservoir. Tonight's run was penance for yesterday. I even turned a respectable time.

Tuesday - Run 3 miles actual: 0

Hubby needed me more yesterday than Bizz. He's still mopping up the mess from the weekend and dealing with co-workers that are absolutely devastated. The company is doing some things right, but it's also doing a lot of things WRONG (IMO, of course). So, we went for a nice walk around the neighborhood and ended up at a local sushi place for dinner. Heck, I probably saved us in excess of $200 by not going to the run. ;-)

Wednesday - Run 6 miles actual: 6

If this dish is open, that's where I go. If not, then it's likely Rancho. Regardless, I'm running tonight. The dish was specifically *NOT* open, and it's "closed until further notice" per the Stanford web page. Bummer. My run today was around the neighborhood and on one of my favorite, mindless loops. Regardless, it got done.

Thursday - Run 3 miles actual: 0

Farmer's Market, good bread, 'nuff said.

Friday - Rest actual: 3.5

Quick jaunt around the work place before heading over to pick up Chris at work. It was somewhere between 3 and 4 miles, so I'll just mark it down as 3.5. Man - it's HUMID today!

Saturday - Pace Run 6 miles actual: 6.2

Did some exploring about the cabin today - found out that the GPS isn't as good as I'd like it to be in terms of keeping signal, but that there are BEAUTIFUL fire roads and stuff where I hadn't ventured before. We're rarely up long enough for me to really run around, but today was that day. Did what I needed to do to keep on the regimen, but I was a bit worried setting up for Sunday ...

Sunday - Run 11 miles actual: 13

Today was the annual Hernia Hill 1/2 Marathon in beautiful Murphys, CA. The run has one KILLER hill (hence the "hernia bit") and is also always quite hot. The temp was around 70 when we started and was definitely above 80 by the time we finished. Regardless, it was beautiful (as always) and hubby ran the 10K, so it was a true family event. Two beers and an age-group 3rd place finish later, I was passed out on the couch for a ~2h nap. That time of 1:56:andchange is a keeper. And I'm glad to have that one behind me for the year.

Total Scheduled Mileage: 29
Actual Mileage: 35.7

No comments: