Bizz Johnson - Week 2

Week 2 for me is often a "week of denial". I'll be a bit tired from getting serious about running and thinking that since it's still early in the cycle, maybe those weekday runs aren't so important. :-) Let's see how it goes. It's also supposed to be hotHotHOT by the middle of the week - that means creativity in timing and location. Under the trees and early morning might be required. *sigh* I hate morning runs.

Monday - Cross Training

remember friends - cross training is not just for the legs! Great progress on the Clapotis. :-)

Tuesday - Run 3 miles actual: 4.5

Finished up work early so I took a spin down by the bay. Bank thermometer was reading 80 degress at 7:10p - yep, it was a hot one today and tomorrow's supposed to be even worse. It'll be a night under the trees for sure!

Wednesday - Run 5 miles actual: 0

Woof. WOOF! I should have run in the morning because it was 94F when I got home and it didn't get below 80 until about 8p. Nope, that's too hot for me. Made up another round of the yummy Couscous/Feta/Tomato/Spices salad (upon hubby's request - it MUST be good!) and had a glass of rose'. Tomorrow ... really ...

Thursday - Run 3 miles actual: 6

Yup, I got up early and ran. Good thing too - it's supposed to be HOTTER today! It was up to 80F by 8a and on the way to the 90's. My little Forecastfox applet tells me that it's 95F at home .. and 80F at the cabin! Interestingly enough - I'm starting to feel better on these runs. Heck, I think I'm getting back in to shape!

Friday - Rest actual: 0

We decided to leave ASAP for the mountains on Friday - that meant zero miles on the day. It was still about 90F when we left!

Saturday - Run 5 miles actual: 10 hiking

We'll be up hiking this weekend, so I'm not sure that I'll actually get to run on Saturday. I may do it on Friday (as per usual) so that there's no pressure to pull on the running shoes after walking all day. We'll see.

Update: We hiked for a good 6 hours on Saturday, so I'm going to give myself mental credit for a 5 mile pace run. 2000' of elevation gain has to be good for something! Now if only my ankle would cooperate and *get better*, I'd be happier.

Sunday - Run 9 miles actual: 9

Ran a gorgeous 9 miles on the Crystal Springs Trail. It was still pretty warm so the bubbler at mile 3.5 was just the ticket. Nice long drink and a chance to soak my head to stay cool. I was pretty whooped by the end - probably because breakfast/lunch got combined into a small cheese sandwich given the hurry-up-and-get-down-the-hill mentality we adopted. Regardless, not a stellar week, but I got it done (mostly).

Total Scheduled Mileage: 25
Actual Mileage: 24.5

No comments: