Catching Up on the Pix

Yeah, yeah. I've been meaning to do this for a while, so here are some pix (with more to come).

First FO is the Squatty Sidekick from the Knitting Daily website. I did this with KnitPicks Alpaca worsted weight. It knitted up SO fast and then I waited another week before I got around to felting it. The lucky recipient was gifted this past Friday while we all enjoyed Belgian beers at the Toronado. Little did I know that this purse also works as a hat! Harlot style, here's the bag in the front hedge:


Also, here's a set of pix of my progress with the Mystery Stole 3. The pattern called for either white or black/dark colors and I had this in stash:
This is my first time using the yarn from this supplier and let me tell you - it was a NIGHTMARE to wind the yarn. It had felted slightly as part of the dying process (I assume) which meant that the threads were stuck together and did NOT want to come apart from the rest of the skein. What should have taken about 20 minutes took more than an hour - and required the patience of my husband who did a FABULOUS job turning the winder slooooooowly while keeping tension on the yarn. I've got one more skein in a different colorway, but I'm not entirely sure I'll have the patience to use it soon! Regardless, doesn't it look scrummy? The colors are pretty remarkable and so far are knitting up nicely with the pattern.

Next pic is the stole after finishing the first half of "Clue 1". We're getting a clue every week (except week of 7/23 as Harry Potter is coming out) and the first clue was broken up in to two charts. The pic gives you an idea of the general pattern around the edge and also shows the level of stitch definition. Believe it or not, there are beads in there. I went with 8/0's and I think they're just too small for this stole. If (when) I knit another one, I'll definitely go up in size to 6/0's. So here it is after about 1d of knitting:


And here's what it looks like 4 days later, after finishing Clue 2. We're at 99 stitches wide (finished width) and have worked through 150 rows. I've no idea what the final pattern is supposed to be. Any guesses?


Next clue comes out on Friday but I'm off to Asia for a business trip and this is NOT NOT NOT airplane knitting. What with turbulence spilling the beads all over the place and losing stitches because I'm half asleep - I don't see forward progress being made. I'll just see what (if anything) I manage to get done over the weekend and then pick up again after I get back. Remember, it's not a race.

Stay tuned for the Breeze socks (need a wash already!) and the Wick socks that should be done tonight. Kauni remains properly locked up in it's bag. I just can't bring myself to open it yet ....

5 comments:

Peggy said...

That is beautiful. I really like the yarn you chose. Don't you just love felting? I have a large satchel I'm working on right now, well right now MS3 and Tour de Fleece is taking up all my time!!!! I'm still on chart A so I gotta get to movin.

blopeep said...

Tour de Fleece - good for you! My heart couldn't take knitting along with the Tour - I'm too busy watching it every morning and then showing up late for work. ;-) Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't sure about the yarn but I'm really starting to like it. Just took some getting used to!

Susie H said...

Oh my goodness, what pretty yarn - I think it was worth the hassle of winding the felted stuff into balls. Hope you do! I'm still slogging through Clue 2, and it's great to see how pretty it can look.

SusieH

Unknown said...

What company is the yarn from - it's knitting up very nicely!
And, if you don't mind my asking, where did you get your blocking board from?

blopeep said...

Wannietta - the yarn is from Zen Yarn Garden, they're a web-based reseller. Also, I got the blocking board from JoAnn Fabrics. They often have 50% off sales and that made the board very inexpensive!