Defeated ...

by the treadmill.

I was feeling poorly yesterday (sore throat, stuffed nose) and that makes me a bit paranoid when over here. As you likely know, SARS was rampant over here about 4 years ago and ever since, people are checked for fever when crossing the border. They shine a laser at your forehead and measure your temperature. As long as you're below 38C, they let you through. If above, then it's time for "evaluation". I have to cross the border today, and again tomorrow, and I didn't want to take any chances so I skipped yesterday's run.

I'm not running today, either.

Yes, that means I'm not as morally "strong" as I'd like to be, but I also don't want to get dumped in to a Chinese hospital for monitoring. I suspect that the run on Wednesday, coupled with lack of sleep was enough to make my body rebel - and the mild cold symptoms were the result.

The up side is that I'm going home tomorrow (Saturday). As often happens, there was a "development" and I don't need to be over here next week. I get to go home, go to a pool party and enjoy the mountains for my run on Sunday.

Lantau and the Tian Tan Buddha will be here for me next time. Honestly, it'll be nice to head home.

And no, I won't dignify the treadmill by taking it's picture. Beast.

No comments: