UFO Sightings and Sock Update

I know, I know - I said I would do a better job of keeping the blog up to date but I've been busy!!! I've finished the first of two Conwy socks from Knitting on the Road and I'm just not happy with the wool choice. I used Lorna's Laces in Black Watch. Personally, I love the striping/pooling/whirling but I don't think it's appropriate for my dad. Bummer.

Ok - plan B. First, I throw myself on the grenade and admit that I'm not going to finish his socks in time. Next, I'm getting started on a different pair - specifically, the Boyfriend Sock pattern listed here. I think my dad will like this one and I'm going to stitch it in a lovely burgundy Merino. Yes, I know, I said I was going to use the merino for the Conwys, but I changed my mind. Now I'm sorry.

Time to get busy casting on and getting this one done. Man. I gotta get my act together.

(the camera is still AWOL - it'll be another week or so before I manage to get my pictures up)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh I've seen the boyfriend socks though - such great ones!! i bet you'll love them :) Looking forward to your camera getting back to see pics!