Coffee Swap Q&A

I was lucky enough to get in to the Knitters Coffee Swap - hooray! My partner's name is Jenni - she lives in Aberdeen and sounds like a wonderful person. I'm thrilled to have a pal from overseas as I always love to talk to people that live outside of the US.

My first mission is to answer a set of questions to help my partner put together my box. Well - here goes:

QUESTIONS

1. Whole bean or ground? - whole bean ... definitely!

2. Fully-loaded or decaf? - prefer fully loaded, but a nice cup of decaf is good, too!

3. Regular or flavored? - Regular. Flavor should come from the bean.

4. How do you drink your coffee? - mainly made in a vacuum pot (as that's the morning ritual) but we do have an espresso maker for special occasions. If the coffee is fabulous then with just a touch of good cream.

5. Favorite coffee ever? - Aged Sumatran. From Peet's!

6. Are you fussy about your coffee or will any old bean do? I am fussy - I really don't like bad coffee. Like the old Mark Twain saying, "If this is coffee, please bring me tea. If this is tea, I'd rather have coffee." It should taste like what it is.

7. Favorite treats to have with your coffee? Biscotti, a simple fruit kuchen, molasses cookies.

8. Anything else about your coffee preferences? I don't prefer dark-roasted coffees. I find that slightly "burned" flavor to be overpowering. Coffees with lots of flavor and a medium- to low-acid are my favorite. Then again, I'm willing to be surprised!

9. Yarn/fiber you love? - I love anything handpainted and nearly any wool. I'm starting to experiment with plant fibers (hemp, linen, soy) and have fallen in love with Tofutsies!

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? I wouldn't say that I HATE any fiber, but I really prefer natural to synthetic. In a pinch, particularly for things that will see lots of washing, I'll pick up big skeins of Red Hart or Lion's Brand, but that's about it. I guess I'm not a big fan of the "fashion" yarns, but that's probably because I don't know what to do with them!

11. What's on your needles? Right now - socks. Between the Rockin' Sock Club and the Six Sox Knitalong, I've been beavering away at them. I've also got a few sweaters in progress; but now that summer is here I'm less worried about finishing them. That'll be a "side project" in between keeping my feet warm!

12. Favorite colors? Blues, greens, browns, earthy-reds. Anything earth-tone and "natural looking".

13. Allergies? Sulfa - though I doubt that is a part of yarns nowadays!

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I'm just thrilled to be a part of this and can't wait to put together my box to send. I'm hoping to get some things that I can't get over here and that will make me think of Scotland and Europe. June can't come soon enough!

1 comment:

limonetricot said...

Wow, you've answered all the questions fantastically, it's going to be so easy to put your package together, I can't wait to go shopping!! (Have already been drooling over some very nice yarns on the web today)

Will have my questions answered by tomorrow, (it's 22.59 here now & as I have a baby of 9+ months who still doesn't know how to sleep through the night I should really go to bed!).

Enjoy your vacation.

J