Turning the heel

So I've rounded the corner and am on the home stretch of the first sock. Yes, it should have been done by now, but let's just say that I'm effectively knitting three socks instead of two. :-) Also, I've had my first run-in with the 5-1-5 cable. I've been so schooled by this pattern to knit TIGHTLY that I forgot about the looseness required for easy cabling. I also don't have a cable needle that's the equivalent of a 0 knitting needle, so it's bit more "interesting". I suspect there's at least one more trip to the knitting store tomorrow to pick up some 0 double-points. Might even be easier to work the leg on double points rather than two circulars.

No pictures today - I'll take some tomorrow when I (hopefully) finish up the first sock. Then I've got to get back to my book club book. It's due next weekend!

No comments: